Last updated: June 5 2020
WHO WE ARE
The FFChat platform is developed, managed and owed by Watershed.
Watershed champions engagement, imagination and ingenuity, working locally, nationally and globally from our home in Bristol, UK.
Our home has three cinemas, the Pervasive Media Studio and a café & bar.
The Watershed group of companies consists of:
- Watershed Arts Trust Limited
A company registered in England & Wales with no. 01608779 and a registered charity with no. 284188. VAT number 916 2531 38.
Watershed Trading Limited
A company registered in England & Wales with no. 01621620.
Watershed Ventures CIC
A community interest company registered in England & Wales with no. 06097013.
The registered offices of all three companies is 1 Canons Road, Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5TX United Kingdom, which is our main trading address.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We currently collect and process the following personal data:
- Your email address.
- Encrypted video and audio content of your chats where peer to peer networking is not available (video content may be relayed though Watershed’s servers, but is fully encrypted, not accessible to any staff and is not stored).
- Who you talked to and when
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION AND WHY WE HAVE IT
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you.
GDPR requires that we have a lawful basis for processing your data. We process your personal data for legitimate interests and business purposes.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Create an account for you on the FFChat database
- Generate an individual link to the event and send it to you
- Communicate with you about the event
- Identify who participates in the event
- Identify who you have spoken to and when – for the purposes of identifying and fixing technical issues, and to provide aggregated and anonymised usage statistics
- Identify and communicate with users who have reported unacceptable behaviour
- Identify and communicate with users who have been reported for unacceptable behaviour
- Your information is never shared outside of Watershed. Your email will only ever be seen by ICT Technical staff (for the purposes of development and maintenance of the system), and the event organiser.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is securely stored on Watershed’s local servers.
We delete emails after 6 months of inactivity – either from the point of sign up, or from the last event attended . We will then dispose your information by deleting your records from our database.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
Watershed is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure at all times. We store and process your personal data securely using suitable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure all personal information.
We limit internal access to your personal data to only those who require it, and provide all our staff with Data Protection and Information Security training. We ensure that high standards of security and protection are met by abiding by our Data Protection Policies and Procedures
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any concerns or questions about the way in which Watershed handles your personal data, please contact us:
1 Canons Road
Bristol BS1 5TX
Telephone: 0117 927 6444